V2.14 - 16. Mar 2010 [Download]
Added verbose (-v) options to hatimerun and halockrun.
The verbose options help in diagnosing issues and allow simpler error reporting.
The hatimerun -v option writes a message if the execution took longer then the first timeout. This feature was borrowed from Steve Friedl's lockrun.c implementation at unixwiz.net/tools/lockrun.html.
In combination with -k NONE, hatimerun behaves very similar to lockrun --max-time.
Thanks to Vallo Kallaste and 25th-floor.com for testing.
- Related blog article
V2.13 - 4. Dec 2009 [Download]
An environment manipulation problem in hatimerun and halockrun was fixed.
The environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set by hatools to allow proper command line parsing. The environment was not reverted before the protected command was started and might have caused improper command line parsing in the executed command.
The fix makes sure the environment is reverted to it's original state before the actual command is started.
Again, Thx to Vallo Kallaste for the report and the retest.
V2.12 - 30. Nov 2009 [Download]
A build problem was fixed. Thx. to Vallo Kallaste for the report and
The bug has prevented successful compilation on some systems. If you did not suffer any build problems, there is no need to upgrade.
V2.11 - 09. Nov 2009 [Download]
- halockrun: fixed a bug in asynchronous mode (-a). Which was introduced with the previous version. Due to this bug, the lock was not acquired when using the -a flag.
- halockrun: improved error handling for async mode (-a) so that the alternative error code (-E) works correctly.
V2.10 - 04. May 2009 [Download]
- halockrun: fixed a bug in non-blocking mode for systems which return EACCES in case the file is locked.
- hatimerun: allowed hh:mm:ss notation for timeout values.
- halockrun: added the -N switch (no-op mode) as alternative to -t.
- improved error reporting in async mode (-a)
- Special thanks go to Florian Helmberger for his efforts to test this release.
V2.00 - 18. Aug 2007 [Download]
- More clearly defined the return values of hatimerun.
- Added -E option to halockrun so that a distinction between locking problems and other errors is possible.
V1.12 - 14. Aug 2006 [Download]
- Fixed a bug which caused a compile time error on systems which need -lposix4 to have nanosleep() available (Thx to Stefan Berglund for reporting and analyzing).
- Fixed some warnings with -pedantic
V1.11 - 19. Jun 2006 [Download]
- Fixed a bug in hatimerun which caused environment manipulation on some platforms. The problem was observed, analyzed and reported by Thomas Picherot.
V1.10 - 27. May 2006 [Download]
- Introduced the possibility to specify multiple -t -k and -e options to hatimerun. This allows sending more then one signal if the process doesn't terminate after the first one.
V1.00 - 15. Mar 2005 [Download]
- Fixed a race-condition in hatimerun which could cause zombies until the timeout appears. Thx to Michael Polivanov for the report.
V0_99_09 - 07. Jan 2003 [Download]
- Added the test mode for halockrun. Using the -t flag halockrun can check a file for a lock, if the file is locked (e.g. by another halockrun) the PID of the process holding the lock will be printed to stdout.
- minor portability improvements
V0_99_08 - 26. Oct 2001 [Download]
- Changed halockrun to not fork. This can be changed via the "-f" option.
- Made signalhandling for halockrun and hatimerun to ignore TERM, HUP, INT, PIPE, QUIT, USR1 and USR2 in the parent.
- Changed exitcode of hatimerun and halockrun if the child abnormally aborts.
- hatimerun will always wait fot the child to exit, even if the timeout occurs.
- Fixed bug which caused hatimerun to not recognize "-k HUP" on non BSD systems.
V0_99_07 - 09. Aug 2001 [Download]
- Applied patch from Scott Gallaher to fix some warnings.
- Fixed getopt behavior on GNU systems (POSIXLY_CORRECT).
- Fixed returncode of getopt (works on AIX now).
- Improved Signallist creation procedure (works now for AIX and Solaris).
V0_99_06 - 30. Jun 2001 [Download]
- First public release